Don’t limit yourself. If you want to do something, try it!
I want to thank Mohamed Tohami for his “Passion To Profit” System. This system adds the business flavor to my thoughts about graduation projects.
N.B. This process does not substitute the software development life cycles, it just meets Agile process but some ideas were added to consider business side.
Phase 1: Getting the idea
1. Review bestselling books and products and analyze customers reviews.
target: get the ideas/problems people interested at.
2. Review the technical part (How you could solve it from CS point of view? Is it feasible?), check udemy.com or any online courses if you do not know much about it.
3. Check who is the most powerful people in this field, try to connect to them to get the answer of the (Why its important?) question.
4. Create a Facebook page to your idea, add posts (from you and others) to make the idea clear and to know your Audience (Who are them? age, gender, occupation, etc..).
key: build a survey
The output of this phase: Write a proposal.
Phase 2: Positioning phase
1. Know your business competitors and research related work.
Know clearly their contribution + Advantages + disadvantages.
2. Define your core problem, from the Social side and technical side.
3. Attach it to hot profit center (Health, Relationships, Money).
Entertainment ideas work well only in a stable economy.
4. Avatar or potential customer. For whom?
key: Solve for others what you could solve for yourself?
The output of this phase: Analysis Document.
Phase 3: Design phase
1. Design your technical final application. How will you provide your solution to your Avatar/ customer? (website, mobile application, desktop application)
2. Detailed design, Keep on how others solve it
3. Implement your minimum prototype and publish it to your audience to get feedback.
N.B. do not publish your technical details till you publish your first paper.
4. Get a sponsor/ enhance your presentation skills/ write your brand story.
The output of this phase: 1. design document and a prototype. 2. Marketing plan
Phase 4: Implementation / Testing phase:
1. According to audience feedback, adjust your design.
2. Start full Implementation.
3. Implement documented testing. Collect your results and compare with others results.
The Output of this phase: 1. Full documentation 2. Ready product. 3. A 6_pages paper.
1. All team must have the same target from the GP.
2. All team members must agree on the idea and be motivated to do it.
3. The team leader must satisfy:
– Know the project management techniques and tools.
– Know well all members skilles.
– Plan for time and budget constraints.
4. When choosing your supervisor (Dr.), be sure he/she:
– agree your target
– motivated to your idea
– the technical field is his/her main research interest
5. Try to start early with a technical Coach (Teaching assistant) for technical problems and advice.
Where to find competitors (Example):
How to find research related work:
1. Start with Google Scholar, search for your interest topic.
2. Select: Since 2017 to get most recent work.
3. Depend only on well-known publishers: IEEE, ACM, Springer, Elsevier, Wiley.
4. Don’t read all the paper from the first round, start with Abstract + introduction + conclusion and future work. If it is interesting and related much to your idea, read it carefully.
5. Collect your related papers in bib file, so you can reference it easily when writing.
Useful Tips for writing:
1. You should know How to write (proposal, analysis SRS, design SDD, paper, market plan)?
2. Please use Latex, https://www.overleaf.com/
overleaf is helpful you can share all documents among your team members, and track changes.
3. Check your grammar carefully, grammarly.com will help.
4. Avoid plagiarism problem please, referencing the resource do not mean you can copy/paste from it. You have to write what you get your way and reference the source of information.
5. Know clearly for whom you write a document/presentation. If you write it for business or research/ technical, it’s totally different.
6. Respect the provided template if exists.